Thank you for all of the Birthday tweets and/or Facebook messages and such. You all seriously made my day on Monday. Even Ryan had to concede that for the first time in our lives I am more popular than him.
I promise this is the very last time I'll mention my birthday on this blog, but in honor of me now being 29, I thought I'd use today to tell you 29 things about me. (I'm actually going to do half today and half on Friday when I announce the giveaway winner. Tomorrow I've got something else planned.)
1. When I am home alone I only eat foods that it would be impossible to choke on. Things like soup and cottage cheese and large bowls of whipped cream.
2. There is a homeless man that hangs out on a corner that I often walk past. Sometimes when he sees me walking up he sings "Here She Comes Miss America" and then I give him a dollar if I have one. He told me once that his name is Michael Tito Jackson.
3. On Friday night just before dinner I went to pick up my glass at the same time that I sneezed and also tried to cover my mouth and nose. Resulting in smashing the glass into my face and knocking out my two front teeth. And then I was all "Ahhhh my gin and tonic just punched me in the mouth and not like with a explosion of limey flavor!" And so I had to go to the dentist the next morning where I endured two root canals. It wasn't too bad since the dentist totally gassed me up. When I came out of it the hygienist told me that I asked the Dr. to first file what was left of my teeth into tiny fangs and take a picture and also said something that she couldn't quite decipher about Goonies and Chunk and Off-Broadway musicals.
4. Speaking of musicals, when I was younger I did a lot of community theater shows. I was the Mayor of the Munchkin City in The Wizard of Oz, Piglet in Winnie The Pooh and finally Annie in Annie. Yes I sang a lot. Maybe not well, but enthusiastically. I also totally dyed my hair bright red. I was 15. This is why Ryan was always more popular than I was until recently.
5. I saw the movie The Notebook for the first time this year and I didn't cry. This was very surprising to me as the following movies have all made me cry in the last year: Beauty and the Beast, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Babe, Liar Liar.
6. I just realized that I have terrible taste in movies.
7. Sometimes when I'm feeling yucky about myself I tell Ryan to "Say something nice," and he always says "You're pretty." This year on my birthday he sent me flowers and the only thing the card said was "You're pretty."
8. I have verbal fights with my sister Jordan's boyfriend Jake about which one of us is the "Third Musketeer." I totally win that fight. I would never win a physical fight with Jake since he is a MMA fighter. Sometimes OJ and Jake have verbal fights about who, between the two of them would win in a physical fight since OJ has a black belt.
|Two of the three musketeers and Jake.|
10. I almost never ever drink wine because I'm really sensitive to it and even if I only have half a glass I wake up the next morning with an awful headache. Going back to my last fact though, I can actually smell other peoples' glasses of wine and say things like "hints of lilac" and "vaguely reminiscent of sweaty saddle."
11. This is me in 50 years. (Thanks Elisa!)
12. Speaking of ummm...delicates...I recently went to Nordstrom and had my bra size measured for the first time in like five years. I walked in wearing a 34B (which I knew was too small) and walked out with a bag full of 34DDDs. I'm both astounded and horrified. In good news my sister Nicky tells me that having this large of a chest means I can name my boobs. I'm thinking maybe Betty Boob and Veronica. This is not a final decision.
13. I got my tonsils out when I was 22 after I got strep throat for the thousandth time. The doctor that did it was like...gorgeous... After the surgery the nurses were having a tough time getting me to come out of the anesthesia so they called the doctor in. It seems I smiled and then reached up and touched his face. I was so embarrassed when I woke up fully. I'm still embarrassed about this.
14. I'm really bad at taking the tags off of things. I don't do it on purpose but Ryan is constantly pointing out things in our house that I've left the price tag on. From where I am sitting right now I can see a lamp and a small dinosaur figurine that are both still sporting some form of a tag.
15. Two of my sisters and my brother and I all have brown hair and brown eyes. Both of my parents have brown hair and brown eyes. My sister Jordan has blonde hair and blue eyes. My dad used to tell her this was because one day he was mowing the lawn and saw something falling from the sky and caught it and it was her. She had fallen out of an airplane.
|Nicky and Jordan|
|Clarke (and her boyfriend Mike)|